Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Soap Opera Called Amanda's Life

So since my last post, things between my mother haven't been good like at all. It just got worse with each passing day. It got to the point on Friday that I just couldn't take it anymore. I ended up working out so hard at the gym I almost passed out. Pretty bad I know, I never realize how much harder I work out when I am upset.

Well, to my surprise, Mo texted me and asked me if I wanted to come over for the weekend. I seriously thought she was joking with me. The usual "you know, you have a place over here that you can move too, there are schools here hehe" or "how about you hurry up and get here lol" Not in those exact words, those are just off the top of my head, but you get the picture. But no she was dead serious. I called and was like "uh yeah I can't really afford something like that" long story short, they knew I was having a difficult time and they flew me out to their place for the weekend. I called in "sick" to work for the weekend and just up and left. Man it was a much needed and much enjoyed break from life here. Unfortunately to end a good weekend, I went back home to what I am now referring to as my hell.

Mom had picked me up. It was seriously the most awkward car ride I have ever had with my mother. Dead silent for almost the entire time. She started asking me questions and stuff, again pushing issues that I was not yet ready to talk about. So much has happened this past week regarding my mother, almost too much to spill out about on here. But anyways, yes dealing with my mother is difficult, and I am having dinner with her at 6pm on Tuesday at Tomato Street to try and explain to her why I am upset by her actions. She seems to think it is pointless, which in turn makes me think she's not willing to try considering she said "what's the point" when I asked her about it. But my theory is that if I put myself out there and explain my side rationally as an adult and be the bigger person in the situation, I won't have the regret or guilt on my shoulders of not trying to fix things. I am not ashamed of how I feel and I do not want to hide it. That's just not me.

Things with Serena are good. Thank goodness, cause she has saved me through so much. I am truly grateful to have a friend like her, no matter how frustrated I can get with her. :)

Roommates...well. hmm. How do I go about this subject. Well, they keep me up at night being loud and obnoxious playing video games while I am trying to get a good night's sleep before school the next day. I am insulted constantly, whether they be "women" jokes, or fat jokes, or whatever. (those happen to be the popular ones). Randy doesn't clean AT ALL. Cody STILL doesn't have a job. Bryan, well he does neither, but he doesn't technically live here. He DOES however contribute to the loudness at night when I am trying to sleep. My food is eaten constantly. Not so much now as it was a couple months ago. That could be because I b****ed about it because I cannot afford to pay for food for 3 let alone 2 other people. I do get Chuck E. Cheese comments thrown at me here and there, but that is my fault for telling them at all what happened. Usually I just act like the comment doesn't affect me and they tend to shut up. But yeah pretty much, that's the life of me here in this apartment. Don't really know what to do.

School, it's going pretty good. Chemistry could be better and Biology is better than last year. Film is easy. Fast fitness is bomb!

Work, both jobs are going fantastic...ish.

Anyways, Spring Break is in officially 5 weeks and I am so ready for it. 10 days out of this hellhole.

This is all scrambled together I know, but just getting my thoughts out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment