Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Not So Holly Jolly Christmas...

'Tis the season to be jolly...Well to be honest, I'm not so jolly this holiday season. Ususally Christmas time is the happiest time of year for me, being with family and all. Well with the recent passing of my dad this past July, you could probably guess why I am not so happy around this time.

Christmas was one of my dad's favorite holidays and he would always come up with something for the family around this time, whether it be cooking or coming up with a prank or giving us all gifts, he was still coming up with things year after year. Well the sad thing is that it was around this time last year that was my last time I actually got to really hang out with him and see him. Everytime I go outside and see the mountainous piles of snow, and the snow falling and listen to Christmas music, I start to tear up like a big baby. Does the crying never end?

I mean seriously, I went through this whole feeling down phase in July when it happened. The holiday season is supposed to be a time when you feel happy and jolly and hyper and whatnot. I feel like curling up into a little ball in a corner of my room and crying out all of this mess. Just get it all out. I just want to stop crying.

Dad, I miss you :-(

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry this is so hard for you sweetie! As hard as it is...once all the "first's" have come and gone....it does get a little better....but I'm sure that he will always be apart of your heart.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete