Thursday, January 1, 2009

May The New Year Bring Happiness

Happy 2009! I mean it is just another day but it is the beginning to another year. I had a really good New Years Eve spending it with my brother Tommy, sister Monique and their friends, Billy and Kacy. We ended up playing Quelf which is this ridiculously fun and unique game. Nothing like it. Just look it up and you will see why.

I have been here in Tacoma since Saturday December 27th and so far it has been a blast. I have had fun everyday that I have been here so far. Nothing bad has happened....well except when I was stressing about money when I didn't need to be. But I get that paranoia from my mom, plus if you are strapped for cash I am sure that you stress too so it is pretty common. I thankfully found out that I was worrying for nothing :-)

Monique and Tommy have a Playstation3 and they have this game called SingStar that you sing along with a song and you are scored on how you do. To provide more entertainment for the evening, I ended up singing "Nine In The Afternoon" by Panic! At The Disco by myself and I got "SingStar" which is the highest grading you could get. It was rather amusing trying to go back and forth between microphones and trying to not get confused. :-) The gradings go from "Tone Deaf" to "Amateur" to "Hopeful" to "Lead Singer" to "Rising Star" to "SuperStar" to "Hit Artist" to "SingStar". Needless to say there were a lot of "Amateur" and "Hopeful" grading, but I think that is the funnest video game that I have played so far.

What else has happened? Hmm. Oh yeah! Tommy tends to wrestle with the kids (Elisha, Ashton, Theron, & Ace) and teach the wrestling moves. Well, me being the wimp that I am, and the pacifist that I am, I do not know how to fight. The boys have made plenty of attempts to wrestling me, and yep, I lost everytime. Well, Ace hasn't really.....then again he is only 9 & 1/2 months old so I can't really expect him to be like the others. With the kids being as vicious as they can be, I have TRIED to fake out Tommy by making it look like I am going to hit him even though I am not......Yeah BAAAAAAAD idea. I ended up on the ground every single time. I suck at fighting haha. Especially this morning at like 1:45 when I became the test dummy for some moves that Tommy was showing Billy. Yeah that was interesting. I remember at one point my back cracked really loud. Felt good, but scared the crap out of me cause I thought something broke. The biggest thing I learned during that whole scenario is that I need to learn how to fight. haha. I did learn how to choke someone though if I am pinned on the ground. That was pretty cool.

There has been plenty of heckling throughout the week, but it has definitely been a stress-free week. This has been the best New Year yet. All in all, let the new year bring happiness to all.

1 comment: