Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Big TWO-OH!

It is January 24th, 2009. That means that in 66 days I will be 20 years old. Yes 20!
That is just weird for me to think about honestly. I mean I still remember when I was excited about turning 16 and that was 4 years ago. Last night got me thinking how time flies. I was at dinner with one of my very best friend's Megan for her 20th birthday and I decided out of the blue to go spend the night with her last night. Well on the way out there I was listening to "Swing, Swing" by The All-American Rejects and when I turned to her and showed her what I was listening to and said "OLD SCHOOL!!" and she said "Man can you believe that came out 10 years ago?" I sat there and thought about it and was like "man we've been friends for 8 years".
I keep forgetting how long ago I was in middle school.

But that wasn't my point. My point us that I am getting older and it is kind of lurid (means shocking). Not in a bad way by all means. It just means there are more adult things to come. I mean obviously the infamous 21 is next. But big woop. It's like my brother Tommy said "what? so you turn 21. You now get to LEGALLY go to the bars and get hit on by drunks. how thrilling" He was being sarcastic of course. But he really does have a point. Turning 21 doesn't really mean much to me. It's just another year older. But that's a whole nother year down the road.

But yeah I will be 20 is 66 days. Woot! *sarcasm*

What's even better is what's going on in 54 days. ;-)

1 comment: