Sunday, January 18, 2009

May the Best 'Man' Win (Even if it is aMANda haha)

I was going to call this blog "random blurbing" until I finished writing it and came up with a better one. I realize that 'blurbing' is probably not a word in the dictionary but whatever. I'm me and well deal with my awesome use of random, made-up words. Haven't blogged in awhile and I figured it was time.

While I was over and Mo and Tommy's 3 weeks ago, Mo and I decided to do a "lifestyle change" thing over the next few months before spring break. Why is lifestyle change in quotes? Well cause when I asked "you mean diet right?", we decided that "Lifestyle change" sounded 'prettier' haha. Go figure, we are dorks. So far it has been good. Minus the fact that I didn't really start the FULL swing of it until last weekend. ONE: I didn't have a scale to keep track of it. TWO: I hadn't really started working out and going to my fitness class (which is not scheduled) until this last week. THREE: didn't really have the right foods in my apartment to do so. BUT I have all three of those obstacles overcome and they are all taken care of :-D So far 8lbs. have been shed in the last week :-D. I go to work out for an hour everyday and I have stopped drinking soda, eating sweets, and eating a minimal amount of greasy (yuck) foods. I am really excited that Mo and I decided to do this because I feel like I have someone with me doing it and it is just more motivation to keep doing it! Oh yeah and not to mention I am working on my arm strength cause during Winter Break Tommy pretty much made me realize pretty clearly that I am a weakling. I will probably still lose during Spring Break but I will still talk a bunch of crap and say I WILL WIN!! yeah that's right I said it, WHAT *stands intimidatingly* haha

Another thing that took place this week was my first Chemistry 151 (General Chemistry) test. It was on Wednesday the 14th. Since, I had lab on Thursday we did not get our tests back until Friday. Now I studied pretty hard for the test the night before but I still could not get conversions down. like from "m" to "cm" (i realized that centi = 100 which means 1m = 100cm) or "g" to "lbs". I, also, had difficulties with the charges of certain ionic bonds. I understand them a little better than the conversions but still both are struggles to me. But anyways, that isn't my point, point is that I got a 41 out of 68. I calculated it and it came out to be a 60% :-S which is DEFINITELY NOT a good score. But it is better than I thought I would and when I got my test back I understood exactly what I did wrong and I understand exactly what I need to study before the next test which is in like a week and a half. PLUS my first biology test is I believe the day before that one. But still I have 2 tests in a week and a half.

Speaking of school, I have been looking at the University of Washington's website and getting information about transferring over there. And I looked at cost of attendance and it is about $19,300, which is about $3,000 more than Eastern a year. Which is NOT bad at all!!. That price is WITH me being on my own and paying rent and all that jazz. Well, without having to pay rent or "living expenses" it would cost about $13,300 which is $3,000 CHEAPER that Eastern. So that is definitely good news for me. All I need to do is get official information on which of my classes will transfer over without a problem.

Alrighty, onto my FAVORITE topic as of late. Kind of the icing on this blog 'cake'. SPRING BREAK!!! Anna (:-D), Serena (:-D), and I have all been talking this week about our plans for spring break (hmm wonder what that could be *sarcasm*). Well here it is:

Anna + Amanda (me) = Leave Spokane @ 6:30pm and arrive in Seattle @ 7:35pm March 19th!!
Serena = Leave Spokane @ 1:40pm and arrive in Seattle @ 2:45pm March 21st!!
Serena + Anna = Leave Seattle @ 9:00pm March 25th. ( :( ).
Amanda (me) = Leave Seattle @ 4:00pm March 29th. ( :( ).

Anyways, why are we going to Seattle? hmm I wonder.....let's think about it......hmm..........uh. I have no idea *shifty sketchy eyes*
MO & TOMMY'S PLACE!!
haha. Serena and I have been practicing and will keep practicing songs that are on the Playstation game called SingStar! to practice for the brutal butt beating that we will be doing singing on Spring Break. THAT'S RIGHT I SAID IT!! As Serena, Mo, and I have said: "This is SERIOUS business" haha yeah right, when have us three all been serious, pssssh I can't think of it.

Brutal Ass Kicking @ SingStar = March 19th-ish through March 29th-ish!! Be there or be square!

2 comments:

  1. Yupp...it's been confirmed....you are my second favorite dork! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder where I stand in that lineup

    ReplyDelete